Sunday, October 18, 2009

Remain humble and contrite in your heart


FROM GOD,S SERVANT PASTOR SOLOMON NGANGA


REMAIN HUMBLE AND CONTRITE IN YOUR HEART

PSALMS 34:18 (KJV)

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Pride will always bring your downfall. I learnt how important is to remain a humble man from my parents. They taught me the Word of God in simplicity and I learnt from watching the kind of life they had. One important aspect associated with humility is a committed prayer life. I will tell you the truth. Many people never realize how a bad spirit of pride sits upon their lives. If I wanted to excel in ministry and life in general,I have to deal with pride on a daily basis! I know some people including some pastors who have forgotten what God has been doing in their lives, ministry and churches is God’s work.They begin to think their success is due to their own effort. They let their pride swallow them and their hearts are seared to recognize the source of their downfall.

It very important that when you have done all things, you are not a cast away from God’s presence due to pride. The unfortunate thing is that you never really know when pride catch up with you. The most important thing is to have real life check often to see if you are stepping off you boundaries. It is often tough to figure out but the more you are sensitive to the Holy Spirit it becomes easier.

Unfortunately some people completely disregarded the Word of God and purposely lead a life full of pride.It is very disheartening. I am most vocal with some ministers who due to their disregard of God’s Word have a form of Godliness but denying God’s power as Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 3:5.I usually don't like to speak this animated but i have seen enough to realize God's deserves all the glory and pride is a killer.

GOOD NEWS

But I have good news. It is possible to uproot those horns of pride in Jesus Name. Usually I don’t like to be this forceful but I know how important it is to the Body of Christ. Don’t let pride destroy what God has done in your life and ministry.This is the same word that I keep repeating to myself. Don't let pride destroy your ministry and life.
The Bible says that David was a man after God’s heart.

In the above verse the Bible says that the Lord is near to them that are of a broken spirit. He saves those that are of contrite spirit. One hallmark of a humble heart is a broken and contrite spirit. According to the Encarta Dictionary, it lays the meaning of contrite so simple; Repentant, deeply sorry for having behaved wrongly.

Many people mistakenly think been humble is a sign of weakness। But here is the truth. Humbleness is the springboard of victory to get you to the next challenge. God’s honors a humble and contrite person that He is so pleased to walk with that person. David was a man after God’s heart and it pleased Him. Let the Word of God destroy all those high castles built in your mind. God is pouring His anointing tremendously in these last days and only the humble can keep up with God. Learn to give all the glory to God.



TESTIMONY

I do remember the many times when I have preached the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is tremendous demonstration of God’s power in my meetings. I remember when I began preaching, God’s presence was so much evident with many signs and wonders. I saw sick people get healed, deaf ears opening, many people delivered from demonic oppression and many receiving the Lord Jesus as Lord and Savior in their lives.

At first it was so difficult and I would come off a meeting and I could barely sleep. The glory and anointing of God was so tremendous upon me and I began crying to God to help me give all the glory to God. God is very faithful।

One day He ministered to me that he could help me. He let me know that He was the one ministering to His people and though I was His servant, I could be a witness of all His doing with everybody else. This mentality helped me tremendously; THAT I AM A WITNESS OF THE LORD JESUS. HE COULD DO WHATEVER HE DESIRED and I am only a vessel of honor unto His service.

TESTIMONY

One day I was ministering in a meeting and during the alter call, a woman who was born deaf and dumb was brought in the meeting. I had seen the Lord healing the sick and I was confident God was going to heal the sick exactly as He had spoken. I knew that God’s word was true and His anointing was working tremendously. I remember this miracle happened before hundreds of people gathered. But the Lord had a lesson to teach me as well.

Just as I surely do after I minister, I began praying for God’s people. God’s power was moving and I give the glory to God for all the people He touched that day. I remember coming to this lady and I began to earnestly pray for her. Friend that was the most uphill battle I faced that day. In my mind I knew I wasn’t doing anything wrong but I was dead right wrong about that. I kept trying doing my usual check that I used to confirm God’s healing but nothing was occurring.

Two things happened that day.

First, the congregation continued to praise God. Praise God in all situations. He deserves all the glory. This whole scenario bothered me a lot. What was going on?

Second, I remember walking away from everyone, kneeling down on my knees in all humility and asking the Lord what I was doing wrong. As soon as I consulted God about the situation, God right away made me understand that it wasn’t my show and that He was in control.

I immediately got up and knowing what the Lord had spoken to me, I picked randomly a sister who was sitting at the front row and requested her if she could do the checks on the lady I had prayed for. I pulled away knowing all the glory was unto the Lord.

Immediately, as soon as the lady began talking to the deaf woman, the deaf ears popped open and right away she could hear and talk. I give all the glory to God। God taught me that day it wasn’t about me but about His only Begotten son Jesus। Every day, I humble and ask God to use me as His vessel. I have often found myself pinching myself hard when God’s is performing His Word. I don’t know why I do that but it is my way of reminding myself that all the glory is unto the Lord.


Friend, God cannot share His glory with man, but He wants so much to bring healing and deliverance to this hurting World. He is looking for a vessel He can use comfortably who is not never a man prideful like an ostrich.

ARE YOU THE ONE?
ARE YOU READY?

Your comments are deeply appreciated.

Pastor Solomon Nganga

No comments:

Post a Comment