Tuesday, October 6, 2009

LAY YOUR LIFE FOR JESUS


LAY YOUR LIFE FOR JESUS

WITH PASTOR SOLOMON NGANGA

John 13:38 (KJV)

Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, the cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.


It has been an incredible journey where every day I have desired to lay my life for Jesus. It is a working progress, but needs determination and trust in God. It requires discipline just as Paul says,

1 Cor 9:27 (NKJV)

But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.



It requires been obedient to the Word of God, trusting God in every Word that comes out of His mouth. It requires praying, fasting, and diligent study of the Word of the Lord. Even in the harshest and toughest times it requires us to remember that God is Holy and we are required to remain holy. This topic is wide and extensive, but I would like to share with you some thing that helps me on daily basis to lay my life for Jesus.

Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. Be careful not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

Eph 4:30 (KJV)

And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.



The New living translation even put it in a more simple way.


Eph 4:30 (NLT)

And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.



We should be extremely sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Ungodly life brings a lot of sorrow to the Holy Spirit. It is very important to constantly consider our ways so that we do not intentionally grieve the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is that inner voice that directs and speaks to us constantly and on daily basis. It is very important not to have your conscience defiled.

Titus 1:15 (NKJV)

To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.


The more you disobey the prompting of the Holy Spirit the more the mind and the conscience is defiled. The bible even goes ahead to declare how terrible it is to have a carnal mind. It leads to death.

Romans 8:6-7 (KJV)

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.



The more you continue to sin willful, you continue to squeeze the Holy Spirit out of your Life. Been disobedient to God’s Word and instructions through the Holy Spirit ultimately leads Him to depart from you. David realized how much he missed the gentle Holy Spirit when he sinned against God and cried out,


Psalms 51:11-12 (NKJV)

Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit



He knew the importance of the Holy Spirit in his life. Only sin could separate him from God. The Holy Spirit brings that sweet intimate relationship with God. No matter how much I feel things are going okay, I have learnt to continually search my heart for the Word of God says that the heart is desperately wicked.

Jer 17:9-10 (NKJV)

"The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.



Whatever you do or say, listen to your heart and determine if you are still in obedience to God’s Word. Every day, the Holy Spirit participates in our lives in such an intimate way if we allow Him to be close to us than any other friend. He constantly directs and speaks to us. He tells us not to do what is wrong and what to do right. He inspires us unto Godliness. He enables us overcome sinful thoughts in our minds. He helps us bridle our tongue before we unleash some words that are destructive to self and others. It is surprising how much the Holy Spirit is active in our lives when we let Him. He quickens the Word of God in our lives.


Brethren, I know we live in a world full of challenges, but I urge you to let the Holy Spirit be close to you so that you can be able to have a clean conscience. If you keep ignoring the gentle prodding by the Holy Spirit, your conscience becomes seared. You know longer or care to differentiate evil and good. If you have drawn back, I urge you to read psalm 51 and begin the process of restoration. If you are missing the joy of your salvation, realize it is time to begin seeking God again.


TESTIMONY

I few days ago I was driving from work in the early morning and I came to a certain stretch of the road. All of a sudden the Holy Spirit gave me this thought saying, " In case of an accident about to happen, won't I direct you what to do to avoid the accident" Immediately I slowed down and within seconds of the prompting of the Holy Spirit, just as He said, right in front of me was a deer. I promptly put my emergency brake and I was able to almost come to a stop and the deer left. That was the same day I was writing this article of how the Holy Spirit constantly speak and give us direction when we allow Him. Please stay in tune with Heaven and our Father thorough the Holy Spirit.

God bless you.

You are free to comment on the above article.

Pastor Solomon Nganga

2 comments:

  1. That message is so inspiring.There is a realm of Gods divine intervention that can never be discerned carnally.Mortals appear hopelessly weak and vulnerable when they only engage human intuition. I would say the 5 common sences do not necessarily work and thats why we need the Holy spirit to connect us to the avenue of Gods operation..the only route we can overcome sin and the impossibilities become possibilities.
    Keep up the Good work My Bro
    Hosea

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to use you Solomon.
    My prayer is like David's. Cast me not away from thy presense oh Lord, take not your Holy Spirit from me, Restore unto me the joy of my salvation, and renew your right spirit within me. And it goes on and on... May God create in me a clean heart.

    ReplyDelete